BPT aims to influence local, regional and national planning matters, not only where this concerns the City of Bath and the World Heritage Site, but its wider landscape environs. We do this through campaigning and regular consultation with local Parish Council representatives to identify key issues experienced outside of Bath, and we continue to offer expert advice on planning applications, planning policy and legislation, and other matters affecting the World Heritage Site and its setting, designated as part of the Bristol & Bath Green Belt and the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
The Environs Sub-Committee is attended by representatives of all the Parish Councils which border the city boundary and when required is advised by regional representatives of the Campaign for the Protection of Rural England (CPRE), the Cotswold Conservation Board, and the National Trust. The Committee meets every two months to discuss and consider current issues and relevant planning applications from each parish. We collaboratively consider how best BPT might support the Parish Councils in responding to planning applications or planning consultations, or campaigning on relevant topics. Meetings are attended by Alex Sherman (BPT Chief Executive), Joanna Robinson (BPT Design, Conservation & Sustainability Manager) and Alex Best (BPT Planning and Conservation Assistant).
The members of the Environs Sub-Committee are:
- Douglas Creed – Chairman of the Committee and Kelston Representative
- George Ardrey – Bathampton Representative
- Wendy Chambers – Bathford Representative
- John Rippin – Charlcombe Representative
- Malcom Austwick – Combe Hay Representative
- Robert Law – Englishcombe Representative
- John Bravin – Corston Representative
- Richard Tibbles – Freshford Representative
- Des Wighton – Monkton Combe Representative
- Anne Ward – South Stoke Representative
- Alex Sherman – CEO, in attendance
- Joanna Robinson – Design, Conservation and Sustainability Manager, in attendance
- Rosemary Snook – minutes, in attendance