There is fairly limited funding available for the maintenance and repair of private domestic properties. If you have a building in mind we are able to give advice as to where to look for funding based on the specific nature of the project.
See examples below of grant-giving organisations for works to listed building, as well as energy efficiency and retrofit home improvements:
- Historic England Repair Grants – prioritises ‘at risk’ heritage and projects of public benefit.
- The National Lottery Heritage Fund – prioritises larger scale heritage projects. Does not consider applications for private homes.
- Historic Houses Foundation – prioritises rural historic buildings and designated Parks & Gardens.
- National Churches Trust – varying grant amounts to support works to Christian places of worship.
- F.E Cleary Heritage Fund – offered by the Georgian Group, focuses on repair of Georgian fabric.
- The Baber Fund – offered by SPAB, focuses on emergency repairs.
- The World Heritage Site Enhancement Fund – prioritises projects that preserve and reinstate distinctive features of the Bath World Heritage Site.
- B&NES Energy at Home – funding opportunities for energy efficiency home retrofits. Not specific to listed buildings.
- CSE – grants and loans for energy efficiency home improvements.
- Energy Saving Trust – financial support for energy bills or making energy saving changes to your home, as well as incentives for using renewable energy.
- Energy Service Bristol – advice and initiatives on energy retrofits for businesses and residents.
- Bright Green Homes – initiative run by Bristol, B&NES and North Somerset councils to fund and support eligible households to install a range of insulation and low carbon technologies.
Heritage Funding Directories: