- The UK Dark Skies Partnership (UKDSP) gives a list of guidance here.
- Towards a Dark Sky Standard is guidance produced by the South Downs National Park.
- The UKDSP: Local Authorities, Communities and Dark Skies Toolkit seeks to provide support to help Local Authorities and communities work together on protecting and improving dark skies and reducing
- The Commission for Dark Skies compiled Blinded by the Light about the issues of lightspill and LED lighting.
- CPRE (The Countryside Charity) campaigns for the protection of dark skies.
The Cotswolds Conservation Board publishes a series of useful position statements informing different aspects of the Cotswolds AONB, as well as different types of development. See the most relevant position statements included below:
- Tranquillity Position Statement (June 2019)
- Cotswolds Dark Skies & Artificial Light Position Statement (Adopted March 2019)
- Dark Skies & Artificial Light Appendix A Night lights
- Dark Skies & Artificial Light Appendix B ILP Guidance Notes For the reduction of Obtrusive Light
- Dark Skies & Artificial Light Appendix B CfDS Good Lighting Guide