The Bath Preservation Trust runs four Museums:
No. 1 Royal Crescent
No.1 was the first house to be built in John Wood’s masterpiece of Palladian design. The magnificently restored town-house creates a wonderfully vital picture of fashionable life in 18th C Bath. Each room shows an example of Georgian interior design with authentic furniture, carpets and textiles.
The Building of Bath Museum
The Huntingdon Heritage Centre was reincarnated as the Building of Bath Museum in 1992, to provide a permanent home for a very successful temporary exhibition on the Building of Bath in London. Today the museum is known as the Building of Bath Collection and it features a display about the life of Lady Huntingdon in addition to the permanent collection.
Beckford’s Tower was designed by Henry Edmund Goodridge in 1825 and completed in 1827 for William Beckford (1760-1844), one of the nation’s most accomplished and interesting characters. The 120-foot neo-classical Tower, which enjoys uninterrupted views of the countryside, was constructed as a study retreat and to house Beckford’s precious collection of art and rare books.
The Tower is now home to a museum collection displaying furniture originally made for the Tower, alongside paintings, prints and objects illustrating William Beckford’s life as a writer, collector and patron of the arts.
Herschel Museum of Astronomy
The museum was inaugurated as a museum in 1981 exactly 200 years after the historic discovery of Uranus. It is now an accredited museum governed by the Herschel House Trust and has Sir Patrick Moore as its patron. The building was purchased with help from Dr Leslie and Elizabeth Hilliard and was restored in 1981 and again in 2000 and has a Grade II starred listing.
Designed by Ice House Design